Winter TipsNov 21, 2016
Tips for Winter Travel (November thru March):
- Make sure flights arrive 2 days prior to your start date in case of delays.
- Flight arrival times should be before 4 pm if possible to avoid driving in the dark on unlit roads.
- Keep your itineraries with you while traveling. If you are going to be arriving late, you should call ahead to your hotel to let them know or they may give your room up
- Slower speeds, slower acceleration
- Do not use cruise control.
- When traveling to rural areas make sure to always have ½ tank of gas to a full tank
- Put an additional pair of scrubs in your bag that you bring to work just in case weather does not permit you to travel home.
- Start your car to warm it up 10 to 15 minutes before leaving.
- Make sure your cell phone is fully charged in case you have any car issues and need to report them to your recruiter.
- Leave 2 car lengths between the car you are following and your own vehicle.
- Know what the traction lights on the vehicle mean.
- Always be aware of weather conditions because they can change at time via radio or TV for up to date information.
- Pack warm clothing for your assignment. Heavier jacket, good pair of shoes/boots, pants, sweatshirts and purchase a hat and gloves.
BE MINDFUL OF THE WEATHER CONDITIONS. ALWAYS BE PREPARED AND GIVE YOURSELF AMPLE TIME TO GET TO YOUR SCHEDULED SHIFT.